• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interstate firearms trade

It is legal to privately trade serialed firearms with the resident of another state?

• Total voters

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
Okay, pretty sure I’m well versed in BATFE regulations as it pertains to this area, but I’m just confirming (I know most of you aren’t lawyers, but there are a couple from what I’ve ascertained being a member here for a minute now).

I have Gun A, and a potential trader has Gun B. I live in GA and the trader does not. We cannot just meet up and trade, correct? I have had several people offer to do so, and they make it sound like no big deal. Yes, I know... 2A, infringement this, and infringement that... but the laws being what they are, this requires 4473 paperwork and FFL involvement to comply with the law, right?

Thanks ODTers.

26219158_1548142138597047_1553150075710522997_n.jpg

Okay, pretty sure I’m well versed in BATFE regulations as it pertains to this area, but I’m just confirming (I know most of you aren’t lawyers, but there are a couple from what I’ve ascertained being a member here for a minute now).

I have Gun A, and a potential trader has Gun B. I live in GA and the trader does not. We cannot just meet up and trade, correct? I have had several people offer to do so, and they make it sound like no big deal. Yes, I know... 2A, infringement this, and infringement that... but the laws being what they are, this requires 4473 paperwork and FFL involvement to comply with the law, right?

Thanks ODTers.

When a firearm changes ownership from one state resident to a resident of another state, legally, the firearm should be transferred via a form 4473.
It protects you.
Due diligence.
And all that. lol

but it will keep the BATFE from busting in your door at 3:00 am. lol

Back
Top Bottom