• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interstate firearms trade

It is legal to privately trade serialed firearms with the resident of another state?

• Total voters
Is that handguns only, or all firearms?
All. You can buy a long gun from a dealer in another state and walk out the door with it if it's legal to own in both jurisdictions. This provided they don't have a 'waiting period' or some other nonsense. A pistol has to be shipped to an FFL in your home state where you pick it up and fill out a 4473.

See, people on this site get it. I’ve had several people over the years say that it’s fine and legal and no big deal to just meet up and trade. Most recently individuals from TN, SC, and AL. Up north it was from MN when I lived in WI. I always say it’s not legal and I won’t do it and that’s most often followed up with the electronic version of marching off in a huff plus or minus some colorful language.

What's that movie quote?
"Sex you want you ain't gettin'...sex you're gettin'...You. Don't. Want....
upload_2019-2-24_12-36-39.gif

Agree with everyone about just another law and meaningless intrusion into our rights, but still, rather stay legal and avoid
What's that movie quote?
"Sex you want you ain't gettin'...sex you're gettin'...You. Don't. Want....
Fast forward to 1:48... or just watch the whole thing... sleeper movie... great turn off your brain comedy.

See, people on this site get it. I’ve had several people over the years say that it’s fine and legal and no big deal to just meet up and trade. Most recently individuals from TN, SC, and AL. Up north it was from MN when I lived in WI. I always say it’s not legal and I won’t do it and that’s most often followed up with the electronic version of marching off in a huff plus or minus some colorful language.
IMG_20190224_211132.JPG

Somebody ought to challenge this law.
I don't know how it could even pass a "rational basis" test, if private-party sales for that type of gun are legal, and unregistered, in both of the states that the trading parties are from.

It's bureaucracy FOR THE SAKE OF BUREAUCRACY.

Back
Top Bottom