• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interstate form error

I've had a form 4 come back with an error (misspelled) in the "model" box. I marked through it with a line the put my initials above it and sent it back. Got it back two weeks later approved with stamp.

Called them to check if that was how it was done. Was told to do it that way. Wouldn't think it would be any different in your situation. Call em up if you have to.

Maybe someone else knows??

As of several years ago, ATF allowed you to strike through and initial a line on a form to correct it.
ATF officers did the same thing on their end, too.
I haven't seen a recent situation like this, but I'd assume it's still OK to strike, correct (neatly, only writing over white space), and initial the change.
That being said, the course of action that involves the lowest risk of a delay is to just fill-in a new form from scratch.

As of several years ago, ATF allowed you to strike through and initial a line on a form to correct it.
ATF officers did the same thing on their end, too.
I haven't seen a recent situation like this, but I'd assume it's still OK to strike, correct (neatly, only writing over white space), and initial the change.
That being said, the course of action that involves the lowest risk of a delay is to just fill-in a new form from scratch.

Thanks - do I date the form from the original submission or today's date?

Back
Top Bottom