• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Intratec Tec-DC9 question

AC-130 Above

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
152   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Intratec Tec-DC9 the other day from the gun show and am having some feeding issues with it. ( I know big surprise) It seems to love aluminum case ammo, doesn't jam up or FTE but when it comes to brass and steel case it fails to function properly. The spent round will eject but the gun will do a sort of double feed on the feed ramp. It pushes the bullet into the casing. The mag is OEM off of a KG99.

I polished the feed ramp with 600 sand paper and a dremel with polish, still same result.

I guess my question is, why is it functioning with aluminum case but not with anything else? I understand these guns are crap, I just can't seem to understand why it loves aluminum.

Hope theres some tec enthusiast's on this forum that can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks for your time.

My guess was going to be crap mags, but if you have oem you should be fine.

I had some issues with reloaded ammo that wasn't the same size as other rounds. All were 115 gn, but the reloads were about 1/16th of an inch longer. Compare heights between your aluminum and brass cases, see what you got. Also, the pointier the bullets, the better. Doesn't seem to like flat noses and do not use subs or 147 gn, as they put more stress on the receivers and can cause cracking.

I have 4 of these, and a number of mags. If you don't have another mag let me know and I can lend you one to try something else to rule out all possibilities.

My guess was going to be crap mags, but if you have oem you should be fine.

I had some issues with reloaded ammo that wasn't the same size as other rounds. All were 115 gn, but the reloads were about 1/16th of an inch longer. Compare heights between your aluminum and brass cases, see what you got. Also, the pointier the bullets, the better. Doesn't seem to like flat noses and do not use subs or 147 gn, as they put more stress on the receivers and can cause cracking.

I have 4 of these, and a number of mags. If you don't have another mag let me know and I can lend you one to try something else to rule out all possibilities.
The guy I bought the mag from off gun broker stated it was off a KG99 ( the gun came with no mag at gun show), he was selling other KG99 parts and a KG9 as well but who knows it could be a bs national mag... I've only used 115gr FMJ in the gun; Remington brass and Monarch steel. I'll check the lengths of the rounds and see. I appreciate the offer of lending me a mag, I just might take you up on that. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom