• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inverter Recommendations

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I have started looking for an inverter that I could use with batteries and solar panels just in case I lost electrical power for a few weeks. No need for portability. I was looking to get one rated at about 10 kw continuous, 120/240 volts, with a clean sine wave. Most that I have seen are made in China. I would prefer one made in USA or about any other place just based on reliability.

Any recommendations?

I remember looking at a buddy's set up 5 to 6 years ago. He is off grid with solar and wind with generator back up. He used 2 5kw inverters due to better heat dissipation. I will see if I can reach out and find what brand he is using.

I have started looking for an inverter that I could use with batteries and solar panels just in case I lost electrical power for a few weeks. No need for portability. I was looking to get one rated at about 10 kw continuous, 120/240 volts, with a clean sine wave. Most that I have seen are made in China. I would prefer one made in USA or about any other place just based on reliability.

Any recommendations?

A 10 kw pure sine wave inverter will be very expensive. Have you done a load estimation for your power needs?

A 10 kw pure sine wave inverter will be very expensive. Have you done a load estimation for your power needs?

I have a 6.5 kw gas generator that I have had for years and have used several times during power outages that have lasted up to 3 days. It does most of what I need, but not everything. I think a 10 kw inverter would get me where I want to be as far as handling peak loads.

I remember looking at a buddy's set up 5 to 6 years ago. He is off grid with solar and wind with generator back up. He used 2 5kw inverters due to better heat dissipation. I will see if I can reach out and find what brand he is using.

I have considered using multiple inverters. Since I want to power loads through my existing power panel, the inverters would need the ability to function in parallel.

16000W surge power 4000W LF pure sine wave power inverter DC 12v/AC 110V 60HZ
$269.99Free Shipping

I have installed 2 of these. Did not think they would last as they get beat like a stubborn mule, and worked hard.

To my surprise, they work fine. I will be installing another in a few weeks.

Best way to use backup power is have a dedicated emergency power bus you lay out well in advance. Do not try to use existing wiring, unless you will be the only one using it. This cost my neighbor 10 grand when the womens in his house thought backup power could run everything. Lots of destroyed appliances and electronics

Running and installing a few dedicated circuits is easy and not expensive, but not after the power is already out.

Back
Top Bottom