• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Investing, who can help me lose my money?

I thought the purpose of investing was to make money. But maybe I’ve been looking at it wrong. Some times I win and sometimes I don’t.
Winners for me
Chevron
Southern Co
Duke
Losers for me
Intel
Smith & Wesson

Well the wind is gusting 20 knots so no flying for me today. Just transferred another $300 to my Robinhood app and went out to get a few supplies. Give me a few hours to finish chores around the house and then I'll be ready to make good financial decisions

20230318_120649.jpg

I think this is a good primer for someone who, like me, isn't an expert and doesn't plan on becoming one:

Otherwise, fun gambling may include:

1. Trading penny stocks
2. Scratch offs
3. Sports book

I work with a guy who trades lots of money in options every day and seems to do pretty well. If he ever throws himself in front of a bus, I'll assume he had a very bad day trading. I hope he becomes a billionaire but that's not for me.

Give it to me and I will let you know in a couple of days/week if you made anything or not !! :becky:
( That is as good of an investment ‘chance‘ as anything else )

Since everybody here is an expert on everything I'm sure we have a lot of financial advisors. A friend of mine talked me into downloading the Robin Hood app and yesterday I bought $100 in Bitcoin. This morning it's up to $103 so as you can see I'm a very savvy investor. What else should I invest in? Other crypto? Stocks? ETFs? I have zero experience with any of this and this is money that I can afford to lose so right now I just want to have fun with it. What should I do with my next $100?

View attachment 5491135
LOL...OK, I'm going to give you the most sound advise you're going to get. Generally I don't give financial advise for a reason. It might not work out for you. Now: Think long term, most people don't get rich over night. Get yourself a Roth account. This way you don't have to pay taxes on your earnings. Next is to diversify. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Make sound, logical investments and stick with it. You'll be ahead in the long run

LOL...OK, I'm going to give you the most sound advise you're going to get. Generally I don't give financial advise for a reason. It might not work out for you. Now: Think long term, most people don't get rich over night. Get yourself a Roth account. This way you don't have to pay taxes on your earnings. Next is to diversify. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Make sound, logical investments and stick with it. You'll be ahead in the long run

Already have some money in a roth index fund account with Fidelity. This is just investing to learn and have fun with

Already have some money in a roth index fund account with Fidelity. This is just investing to learn and have fun with
Nothin wrong with that. Main thing is you will make mistakes, just learn by them and try not to make the same ones again. I do like your strategy in just trying a little at the time.

Back
Top Bottom