• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Iraq and Afghanistan burn pits........If you are a veteran you need to be aware.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer by the VA and I now have the worst case of psoriasis my doctor has ever seen in his words. We had a burn pit right next to our dwelling in Iraq at FOB Delta which was used most of the day so whenever my three man team got off mission we got to enjoy the sweet smell of burning plastic and anything else anyone cared to throw into the fire.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

If you are then I suggest entering the burn pit registry in case you as well have any future or current problems.

Were you exposed to burn pits while deployed?

I have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer by the VA and I now have the worst case of psoriasis my doctor has ever seen in his words. We had a burn pit right next to our dwelling in Iraq at FOB Delta which was used most of the day so whenever my three man team got off mission we got to enjoy the sweet smell of burning plastic and anything else anyone cared to throw into the fire.

Anyone else having any issues like this?

If you are then I suggest entering the burn pit registry in case you as well have any future or current problems.

Were you exposed to burn pits while deployed?

Do they think this might be the cause, or at least part of it?

Not related, but I am just now becoming aware of the TOXIC water served to Marines at Camp Lejuene NC. from 59 through 87...I was at Lejuene for 3 months in 85...I just had my prostate removed due to cancer at 54 years old, WAY too soon, and have dealt with NUMEROUS gastro intestinal issues for 30+ years...Our government don't care. The VA is at least acting like they do...

Dang man, sorry to hear it!
It's alright man. Thyroid cancer is the slowest developing cancer and I will just have to get it removed. The VA is monitoring it. My psoriasis sucks but that is OK as well.

I just want to make it known to veterans what is happening to them from exposure to burn pits. It also causes neurological issues as well. Please read up guys if you were exposed. Don't suffer in silence. As a veteran you deserve better.

It's alright man. Thyroid cancer is the slowest developing cancer and I will just have to get it removed. The VA is monitoring it. My psoriasis sucks but that is OK as well.

I just want to make it known to veterans what is happening to them from exposure to burn pits. It also causes neurological issues as well. Please read up guys if you were exposed. Don't suffer in silence. As a veteran you deserve better.

I forwarded that article to a vet I know that was over there in 2006 and he mentioned burn pits the other day

Not related, but I am just now becoming aware of the TOXIC water served to Marines at Camp Lejuene NC. from 59 through 87...I was at Lejuene for 3 months in 85...I just had my prostate removed due to cancer at 54 years old, WAY too soon, and have dealt with NUMEROUS gastro intestinal issues for 30+ years...Our government don't care. The VA is at least acting like they do...
Stick it to them. You deserve better brother.

I used to fly over our pits at TK everyday I flew, I asked about it when we did our transition back, starting to get breathing issues first I thought it was the GA Smog but not sure now. This war's agent orange. Going to do a re-evalve next month with the VA

Back
Top Bottom