• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Iraq and Afghanistan burn pits........If you are a veteran you need to be aware.

I have signed up for the Open Burn Pit Registry. The VA has yet to approve any of my Lung issues due to the Open Burn Pits, Burning Oil Fields Smoke, or Weapons Cache Destruction which "May or May Not have Contained Sarin Gas". Not to mention the M8 Alarms going off night for no known reason.

I am hoping nothing becomes of it in the future, so far, no cancer but, The breathing issues get worse as the years pass.
I hope not as well brother. They need to take care of you. That is going to keep progressively getting worse.

So sorry to hear about the Cancer Bro. I do have an appeal in for COPD and my Asthma has been denied twice. I am at 80% for other issues but still would like to get the breathing thing resolved. Open Burn Pits along with **** Burning Detail and previous things I mentioned, can not be good for the lungs.

Take care of yourself and the kitty. Sucks to hear the 'C' word in your doctor's visit.
Will do. Yeah but I have been getting it monitored for going on two years now. Like I said thyroid cancer is extremely slow growing and they are monitoring two growths right now.

So sorry to hear about the Cancer Bro. I do have an appeal in for COPD and my Asthma has been denied twice. I am at 80% for other issues but still would like to get the breathing thing resolved. Open Burn Pits along with **** Burning Detail and previous things I mentioned, can not be good for the lungs.
I'm not worried about it. I have another appointment in January to re check it. They need to square you away. That is BS. Yeah it is awful for your lungs.

I can't imagine what you're going through, but it sounds like you have a grip on things. I'm very sorry to hear it though!

Interested in hearing what the vet says too. One of my cats has seizures about every 3 months. Some of them are extremely violent. The vet I went to told me my 2 options are to just deal with it, or give her a pill everyday for the rest of her life. She would fight me waaaaaay to hard to give her a pill so I just know about every 90 days it's going to happen.

I can't imagine what you're going through, but it sounds like you have a grip on things. I'm very sorry to hear it though!

Interested in hearing what the vet says too. One of my cats has seizures about every 3 months. Some of them are extremely violent. The vet I went to told me my 2 options are to just deal with it, or give her a pill everyday for the rest of her life. She would fight me waaaaaay to hard to give her a pill so I just know about every 90 days it's going to happen.
My Mom just called and she said pretty much the same thing. Deal with it. But pills are an option if it happens often.

DON'T TRY TO PET OR HOLD THEM DURING SEIZURE!!!!...My wife went to pet one of ours not knowing he was in seizure, the cat bit all the way through her index finger, and then It got so infected, they were talking about cutting her finger off. They finally got the infection under control, and she got to keep her finger. This was years ago, and the cat has long since passed, but the memory will last for ever...

DON'T RY TO PET OR HOLD THEM DURING SEIZURE!!!!...My wife went to pet one of ours not knowing he was in seizure, the cat bit all the way through her index finger, and then It got so infected, they were talking about cutting her finger off. They finally got the infection under control, and she got to keep her finger. This was years ago, and the cat has long since passed, but the memory will last for ever...
Roger that. I had to drag my Mom away from the cat. I had to explain how bad she could have gotten injured.

Back
Top Bottom