• I like tocos

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Macvan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
40   0
Reaction score
I was surfing around YouTube and I came across a few videos of Polio victims who had used iron lungs since the fifties... I had no idea that any of these are still in uses.....it was amazing and the people stories were amazing...it worth typing in on you tube... iron lungs and Polio victims....

My friend's dad got polio in the 1940s, prior to the Saulk vaccine, and it damaged his leg muscles.
He's used a brace and/or walked with a limp ever since. He's in his mid-90's now.

Anyone who lived through the 50s and 60s and doesn't believe in mandatory vaccination is just ignoring reality.

Polio was (and is in some part of the world) a terrible disease that can be prevented by swallowing a sugar cube. I got the sugar cube and the injection - still have the scar on my arm, which dates you.

Back in the day, you didn't have the choice to be a whiner about what a special little cupcake you were. They took your class to the gym, lined you up, and gave you a shot or a sugar cube. They didn't ask you if you wanted to. I'm not even sure they asked your parents.

Anyone who lived through the 50s and 60s and doesn't believe in mandatory vaccination is just ignoring reality.

Polio was (and is in some part of the world) a terrible disease that can be prevented by swallowing a sugar cube. I got the sugar cube and the injection - still have the scar on my arm, which dates you.

Back in the day, you didn't have the choice to be a whiner about what a special little cupcake you were. They took your class to the gym, lined you up, and gave you a shot or a sugar cube. They didn't ask you if you wanted to. I'm not even sure they asked your parents.

The county health dept had vaccination weekend at the local schools. I remember my whole family standing in line for a long time to get the sugar cubes. I too took the shot. It was too late for a lot of folks that came down with it and didn't make it. Other made it and died early or wound up in wheelchairs.

Back
Top Bottom