• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is .357 Sig awesome or awful?

I would also agree that many can't handle the round, I wasn't defending any particular round.
I also didn't disparage you, these discussions are generalized and read and being understood by more than just the one being quoted.
I apologize if insulted you, it wasn't my intention.
I never assume I know everything about anyone, and the the reverse is the same.

Your right Ken, parallel conversations

My initial response was very, very early this am and I just happened to wake for a few minutes. Should have responded this am at 930 not 138 am
Good day man.

both

BTW placement rules but are you going to be 100% on the money in a firefight conditions. probably not. I'd rather get hit with a 9mm in the leg than a 10mm or 44 mag. So power is a factor. And a .5% advantage is still an advantage. Not many people hunting deer with 9mm G26s.

No better than your 40 S&W for lethality albeit it has different characteristics. Most of the folks on this forum don't buy these gadgets for the practical application as much as for the joy of the varying experiences. It's an interesting cartidge. All BS aside, usually the bigger the hole the better and many big holes even better. The platform variables affected by cartridge changes are usually mag capacity and controlabity. No substantial difference between your 40 and 357 sig in areas affecting the platform.

I've shot both through the same weapon on multiple occasions. The .357 has slightly less recoil due to lighter bullets. Velocity is increased. Penetration through gelatin is similar. LEOs have a lot more data on the .40, but I would think the .357 is just as good a man stopper. .357 has a slight edge in energy, but not much. Through barriers, .357 wins hands down. Here is various rounds shot through thin steel plates: http://intrencik.com/357sig.htm

Back
Top Bottom