• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 6.8 SPC Dead?

anyone have a source for reasonable priced brass? Starline would be my go to but they are still "no backorder" on the 6.8. Just got a new barrel and after I build an upper will start to put together some loads for it. I've got some brass but more is always better...

Miss the days when LWRCi was selling 1k once fired brass for like $300.

I think PPU brass is available. Some people don't like it because of large primers. I have used it for years with no problems at all. With todays primers limited availability, I like to use both large and small primers.

The 68spcll is alive and kicking in my house. It will never die as long as I'm alive. I went to the range yesterday was one of my long-term friends and he shot mine, the one that has the scope on it and he wants to borrow it for deer season. He's going to start giving me lumps of cash to build him one just like it. He loves the fact that it's got some thump and has very little recoil the way I have them set up. He was zeroing the scope and the first shot was dead on elevation wise but about 6 inches to the left. He made an adjustment and it hit 2 inches right on the same line. He kept making small adjustments and you could drop a ruler on the shots all the way over to the bullseye. All of mine are super accurate. Anybody that says the 6.8spc is not not accurate they obviously haven't shot on of my three builds.

The one on the far right I just finished. It has Wilson Combat receivers, the Daniel Defense 18-in cold Hammer Barrel, a toolcraft bolt carrier group and then act ALG ACT a with a set of JP Enterprises low power Springs. I took out that gun yesterday and all I have is just the Magpul flip up sights and I shot four shots at 50 yards with open sights off of the bench. I was thinking that I wouldn't get real good accuracy out of the cold Hammer forged Barrel. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the accuracy which was phenomenal. I'm posting a pic of my three 6.8 babies and a Target I shot at 50 yards with open sights. Not a bad shooting little rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_115453064.jpg
    IMG_20220926_115453064.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220926_113405.jpg
    20220926_113405.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 10
I have order from Natchez Shooters supply. I ordered 200 pieces from them a while back and every piece was good. No unusable pieces in the whole lot. Them and one more place I have to remember who it was but I will relay the info when I can remember. I have been on the hunt as well however, I don't think it's dieing I just think when it's available it gets snapped up.

.270 is trash

The 6.8 and .270 win both need to die out
300 BO is a joke. To much projectile with no ass behind it. 200 yard gun on a good day. There are too many 30 cal rifles out there that are far superior. IMHO. But of course opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one and they all stink to high heavens. Some more than others.

300 BO is a joke. To much projectile with no ass behind it. 200 yard gun on a good day. There are too many 30 cal rifles out there that are far superior. IMHO. But of course opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one and they all stink to high heavens. Some more than others.

The only thing that stinks is the 6.8. The .300 BO is at least a Jack of all trades. The 6.8 and just .270 in general is Jack of ****. I’m of the opinion that the 6.8 SPC is the asshole.

Back
Top Bottom