• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 6.8 SPC Dead?

As far as the 6.5 CM it is not a intermediate round, it's a full size cartridge. If I am going to carry a full size rifle round it will be the 300 win mag. Something that will actually be effective at a 1000 yards and not just a paper puncher.

As far as the 6.5 CM it is not a intermediate round, it's a full size cartridge. If I am going to carry a full size rifle round it will be the 300 win mag. Something that will actually be effective at a 1000 yards and not just a paper puncher.

So the 6.5CM, 6.8SPC, and .270 win are the same then? Ineffective? I’ll meet in you in the middle and agree on that.

like specific parts of their anatomy everyone has likes and dislikes. IMHO if you are shooting subsonic with a can, the 300BO is the clear winner. If you are looking for the cheapest way to get into heavier bullets for your AR15 platform you found your caliber. If you are shooting supers (with or without a can, doesn't matter) IMHO the 6.8 is better (for hunting lets say). Not that the 300 supers aren't effective, but the 6.8 is just a flatter shooting round with more energy at almost the same weight bullets.

main disadvantage to the 6.8 is needing a new bolt and magazines to work well with the system. Not a huge deal but more than just a barrel change. if you are reloading (and if you are shooting either of these you really should be) then the costs are pretty close except you can always repurpose 5.56 brass into 300. Personally I don't like having wrong head stamp brass, so the price of brass is a wash as well.

building a 11.3" 6.8spc wilson combat upper currently as well as a Mos-Tek 7" 1:5 300BO. will be fun to see how each performs. But the 300 will be exclusive heavy subs with a can, while the 6.8 will only run supers.

It funny that this thread was started on Sep.11 and all of a sudden after 13 days the thread has been up you don't add your input until Sep. The 24 when I comment. Be careful your personality is peeking through.

That’s a coincidence.

I didn’t quote you or anything until you quoted me

Back
Top Bottom