• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 9mm range ammo now $.40 a round?

If you’re worrying about wealth when someone’s trying to kill you, I’m going to suggest re-prioritizing.

He said for SHTF. If SHTF and you're leaving your home, which is hopefully a well-defended position, then I'm assuming it's because things have gone very, very wrong and the fact that you're leaving means you very well might not be coming back. If a good portion of your wealth is in gold then you can just toss it into your pocket, which takes almost no time at all, and be on your way.

I think we have to assume a sliding scale with utopia on one end and a post apocalyptic existence on the other. Say from 1-10. 1being utopia, 10 PA. Although gold and or silver would likely be useless at 1-2 and 9-10, it will have some degree of value And perhaps a great degree of relative value from 3-8, In all likelihood most of us will never see anything other than 3-8. If your assumption is that we have An absolute appointment with doomsday, by all means you should put all your eggs in the beans, bullets and bandages basket. My thought is we may see a 7. If the world does hit a 9-10 I’ll likely be dead as will most others, you can have our stuff. At that point it will be about savagery, skills, a very odd type of leadership ability and luck. And yes, until someone bigger, badder, luckier or smart enough to hide in the bushes and pop the last round of 30-06 out of grandpas Ted Williams rifle into your brain pan and take your stuff, being stocked up will be important.
I can appreciate the majority of what you've said, but I have to disagree on only two small points. The first is that I'd argue not only would gold be useful even during a 1 or 2 on your scale, but that you can't be at a 1 or 2 on the scale unless your country is on the gold standard to begin with. If your country isn't on a gold standard then it's because the banks are secretly in control, so even in the most peaceful of times you're still being ruled by tyrants and therefore bad times are just around the corner.

The second is that although I'd agree all money would be useless in a 10/10, that's only because a true 10/10 would be a world-ending event where society has no chance to ever recover. If it's a 9/10 or below then there's some chance that society would return and therefore money would still have use. As long as there are people, money has use.

He said for SHTF. If SHTF and you're leaving your home, which is hopefully a well-defended position, then I'm assuming it's because things have gone very, very wrong and the fact that you're leaving means you very well might not be coming back. If a good portion of your wealth is in gold then you can just toss it into your pocket, which takes almost no time at all, and be on your way.
If **** does go down you better hope you live more than 50 miles or so from any nuclear plant, cause in less than 6 months that thing is gonna melt down if its left unattended. That gold will be glowing then.

Nobody ever thinks about that...

If **** does go down you better hope you live more than 50 miles or so from any nuclear plant, cause in less than 6 months that thing is gonna melt down if its left unattended. That gold will be glowing then.

Nobody ever thinks about that...

They have auto shutdown systems, no runaways.

Getting them back online will be the problem.

giphy.gif

"Secondly, the fission products, which make up most of the intensely radioactive substances in the reactor, continue to generate a significant amount of decay heat even after the fission chain reaction has stopped. If the heat cannot be removed from the reactor, the fuel rods may overheat and release radioactive materials."

I dont much about nuclear power but dat sounds bad lol

"Secondly, the fission products, which make up most of the intensely radioactive substances in the reactor, continue to generate a significant amount of decay heat even after the fission chain reaction has stopped. If the heat cannot be removed from the reactor, the fuel rods may overheat and release radioactive materials."

I dont much about nuclear power but dat sounds bad lol
That's a plant meltdown, right?

Back
Top Bottom