• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a dedicated 556 can worth it?

Kaikias

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
25   0
Reaction score
I'm getting a 30cal can but now I'm thinking maybe I "need" a 556 can as well. Those of you with multiple suppressors do you think it's worth it? It'd be mounted on a 20inch AR and stay on it mostly for bench shooting.

I've also heard it might improve accuracy some what, any truth to that?

Unless you really wanted to run it on a 5.56 SBR and wanted it as compact as possible, no.

With the Saker 7.62, you can put the 5.56 end cap on it, and on a 5.56 gun it's actually quiter than with the Saker 5.56. I'm not sure how this compares with other rifle cans, but for me that negates any reason I'd have for wanting a 5.56 can.

Unless you really wanted to run it on a 5.56 SBR and wanted it as compact as possible, no.

With the Saker 7.62, you can put the 5.56 end cap on it, and on a 5.56 gun it's actually quiter than with the Saker 5.56. I'm not sure how this compares with other rifle cans, but for me that negates any reason I'd have for wanting a 5.56 can.

Thats not the case always. The M4-2000 is quieter than most 762 cans on 556.

That said for just a bench gun, not something you gonna be carrying around too often, shouldering, wielding, using in a carbine class I'd stick with your 30 cal can.

I love my specwar 556 on my SBR. Wouldnt hesitate to make the same purchase again. People talk about the disappointment of 5.56 suppression, but folks are usually impressed with the difference if they understand the point of it isnt whisper quiet.

This

I have multiple cans. I usually use my sdn6 on 556 guns. However i plan to find a small and lighter 556 can for when i want to do longer trips. To me 556 wont ever be quiet enough to not compromise on a shorter can.

Back
Top Bottom