• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a full auto MP5 useful for home defense?

I've rented a full auto MP5. It was fun. Anything longer than a burst would require practice to be accurate with.
It was somewhat controllable in longer burst and I may feel confident in the usefulness of the weapon, however anything short of apocalyptic scenarios I wouldn't use a full auto.

Not sure why distance is a question. How many people have 10 much less 15 yards of a realistic SD shot inside their home?
Considering most all scenarios are probably at the 5 yard distance.
Plus it would just be cool to read a story that said "The intruder was found severed in two from the gun fire."

Bottom line, I would use a butter knife, if that’s all I had, but unless I was Tony Montoya, no... would not CHOSE to use a MP5, M-16, Uzi, MAC-10, Reising or even a Tommy Gun... unless there was a ‘bunch of em’ coming at me.

The one I played with was uncontrollable at past 10 yards. As in I couldn't keep the rounds on the person sized target. Even at 5 yards, short bursts were all I could control. Maybe more practice would help but feeding that beast is expensive.
This is a different topic for a different day im sure but shooting as fast as I could at a small sheet smaller than a human size torso at 25 yards i was able to put all the rounds pretty accurately with my binary scorpion evo. I'm not bragging, in fact I'm sure you guys shoot better and faster than I do. But it does make me think .

For me ... especially since I'm in a mood today ... If someone tried breaking into my house, I'm assuming their not alone. I want the fear of God raining down on them. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpttttat The louder the better. I would want an entire magazine screaming GET THE **** OUT. That's why I don't use my suppressed weapons as my HD. It also tells my neighbors that ****s going down at the Beaver's house ... just my 2C.

I took an MP5 class about 15 years ago with Tom from HKPRO, great class. Other than the sterling, I think the MP5 is one of the best sub guns with regards to recoil and control. I would consider an SBR or pistol with brace for HD, but I think the potential optics of a homeowner with a machine gun, opening up on intruders may not be to best in case you had to go to trial...

This is a different topic for a different day im sure but shooting as fast as I could at a small sheet smaller than a human size torso at 25 yards i was able to put all the rounds pretty accurately with my binary scorpion evo. I'm not bragging, in fact I'm sure you guys shoot better and faster than I do. But it does make me think .
Binary and FA are definitely different.

Your body is still in control of the cadence when running a binary trigger, so it’s a little more forgiving than a full auto mag dump. Doing either with any sort of consistency still takes familiarity and training though.

Al Pacino was great in that movie.

iu
That was great part of da movie

Back
Top Bottom