• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone in Cobbs legion hunting club?

To answer a few questions: I hunt the following WMAs: Johns Mt.,Paulding Forest,Coosawattee,Tuckahoe,Beaverdam,West Point,regularly,and Oaky Woods,Ocmulgee,Pine Log,Chattahoochee,Cohutta,Big Hammock,and Clarks Hill(one of the best) occasionally. I`ve hunted several others,but the first five I mentioned are always successful for me. Clarks Hill is always a success,also. I mostly hunt where nobody else wants to hunt. Only one WMA will I hunt close to a road,and only because I know it as a regularly-used trail,and has been for the 30 years or so I`ve hunted there. I prefer the WMAs in the swamps. I stay in the stand til noon. I don`t go by what magazines tell you. I pee out of my stand,spit snuff out of it,DON`T use any scents,and have managed to kill over 200 deer in Ga.I got 3 big 8-pointers on WMAs last season,in one week. Those who whine about WMAs don`t know much about huntin`anyhow. I hunt mostly alone,camping the whole hunt. I hunt my club a little,and meet friends a few times a year for a long hunt where eatin` is as important as the hunt.

To answer a few questions: I hunt the following WMAs: Johns Mt.,Paulding Forest,Coosawattee,Tuckahoe,Beaverdam,West Point,regularly,and Oaky Woods,Ocmulgee,Pine Log,Chattahoochee,Cohutta,Big Hammock,and Clarks Hill(one of the best) occasionally. I`ve hunted several others,but the first five I mentioned are always successful for me. Clarks Hill is always a success,also. I mostly hunt where nobody else wants to hunt. Only one WMA will I hunt close to a road,and only because I know it as a regularly-used trail,and has been for the 30 years or so I`ve hunted there. I prefer the WMAs in the swamps. I stay in the stand til noon. I don`t go by what magazines tell you. I pee out of my stand,spit snuff out of it,DON`T use any scents,and have managed to kill over 200 deer in Ga.I got 3 big 8-pointers on WMAs last season,in one week. Those who whine about WMAs don`t know much about huntin`anyhow. I hunt mostly alone,camping the whole hunt. I hunt my club a little,and meet friends a few times a year for a long hunt where eatin` is as important as the hunt.
I agree. You just gotta find the spots no one else hunts. Looks like I'll be sticking to WMA's this year. Save my money for an even nicer one next year. Do you use a climbing stand or hunt from the ground? I'm looking to hunt a few new WMA's this year. I've been to Allatoona, pine log, paulding forest, and ocmulgee but it's been a while. I would have to scout there for a few days..

I was a member for a while. Coyotes decimated the deer and there was little to none harvested.
They got a trapper, and the deer are slowly coming back.

A good bit is vehicle accessible, but the portion closer to allatoona is 4 wheeler territory.
Steve is a good guy
I am in a club that boarders their property, large club with a lot of members, makes it hard to police the rogue groups who do not respect other hunters, the coyotes did ravage the deer population on our club as well. The DNR put out cameras next to coyote dens and logged 22 fawns being drug into dens in a 30 day period, that is a whole lot of venison

I am in a club that boarders their property, large club with a lot of members, makes it hard to police the rogue groups who do not respect other hunters, the coyotes did ravage the deer population on our club as well. The DNR put out cameras next to coyote dens and logged 22 fawns being drug into dens in a 30 day period, that is a whole lot of venison

Was that recently? Whats the deer population now?

That was a few years back, they brought in trappers on our property and surrounding areas to get them under control. The deer population is coming back some, two years ago 10 deer were killed off of our 400 acre club with 10 members, this year was a slow year you can log a lot of hours to see a deer there. Turkey seems to be thriving

The club is Nazi like when it comes to the rules. Have a serious look at the webpage before considering joining. I have known 2 people that were "dismissed" for trivial things. One guy was kicked out because he was setting up a 2 man ladder stand (not tree) and it was after the 2:30pm deadline...was asked to "leave". No refund. Other person I know was kicked out because he shot a deer that didn't have enough spread on it. No refund. This club is seriously Nazi like when it comes to rules. I'd look somewhere else. Long time members do not like new arrivals, in fact, they look for so called "rule breakers" and "turn them in" to get them kicked out.

Back
Top Bottom