• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is checking out visitors at home with gun behind your back ‘disorderly conduct’?

In my back yard you'd be staring at the red end of a buckshot load, in a shorty 12 gage
and close to eyeballing a 45 HP in a G21
Trespassing is a crime in Ga civil but if criminal trespassing which it would be since they would have to break a tripwire to get there,
16-7-21. Criminal trespass
Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-7-21 (2016)
(a) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she intentionally damages any property of another without consent of that other person and the damage thereto is $500.00 or less or knowingly and maliciously interferes with the possession or use of the property of another person without consent of that person.

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;

then the Stand you ground & castle doctrine could come into play

A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats. An example is where there is no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death. One case describes "the 'stand your ground' law... a person has a right to expect absolute safety in a place they have a right to be, and may use deadly force to repel an unlawful intruder."[1] Justification using stand-your-ground laws may be limited in that the justification cannot be used in some cases where defendant was engaged in other illegal conduct at the time, when "[the defendant] was engaged in illegal activities and not entitled to benefit from provisions of the 'stand your ground' law".[1]

This castle doctrine gives immunity from liability to individuals (i.e., there is no duty to retreat) when an intruder enters their home. Of these, twenty-two jurisdictions have also extended the immunity to other locations,[2] some extending it to anywhere where a person may legally be.[3]

If somebody comes to my house without calling first, you damn right there's gonna be a pistol in my hand. There's been too many instances where folks have opened their door only to be attacked in their own home and robbed and or killed. I ain't gonna be one of em'.....PERIOD.

Why the hell was this ever allowed to tie up our court system?

No laws were broken.

That being said, there is probably more to this story than is being told.
The dad told the ex-wife the children didn't want to see the her, there's plenty of "mothers" out there that'll use their children to get back at the fathers. She's probably started **** with the ex-husband and new wife one too many times and bringing a stranger with her when she was told not to come to start with would be justification to take precautions when they showed up. I agree with ya, there's got to be more to this story and the first judge is a dipwad for charging the new wife.

The dad told the ex-wife the children didn't want to see the her, there's plenty of "mothers" out there that'll use their children to get back at the fathers. She's probably started **** with the ex-husband and new wife one too many times and bringing a stranger with her when she was told not to come to start with would be justification to take precautions when they showed up. I agree with ya, there's got to be more to this story and the first judge is a dipwad for charging the new wife.

That's probably closer to the truth and I agree 100 percent!

Back
Top Bottom