• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is dashcam video of reckless driving of any value?

I just call my friend a Carroll Co Sheriff and he said no. Now if you are fallowing a drunk and you call the cops and they pull him over and find him drunk than they can use it in court. But like I say every case is different.
ARE YOU SAYING ,YOU ARE DRUNK FOIIOWING HIM DRUNK OR YOU ARE FOLLOWING A DRUNK,I'M DRUNK SORRY.

Had I maintain speed and direction I would have pit maneuvered her easily. I wonder if I could be charged with anything for failing to yield to her coming into my lane?
You charged? Uh no. If she had merged over and hit you then she would be charged with an improper lane change (40-6-123). Having video of it would just be a bonus! Almost had this happen to me just last week in my personal vehicle - I'll have to pull the camera footage at some point - I was braced and ready for impact and he thought better of it at the last second when he realized I wasnt giving in to the bullying driving . . . I swear if I ever lose motivation to stop cars all I have to do is get in my personal car and make a few laps down the interstate . . . .

You charged? Uh no. If she had merged over and hit you then she would be charged with an improper lane change (40-6-123). Having video of it would just be a bonus! Almost had this happen to me just last week in my personal vehicle - I'll have to pull the camera footage at some point - I was braced and ready for impact and he thought better of it at the last second when he realized I wasnt giving in to the bullying driving . . . I swear if I ever lose motivation to stop cars all I have to do is get in my personal car and make a few laps down the interstate . . . .
You can pull people over in your POV off duty?

You can pull people over in your POV off duty?
No - that's a good way to go off-duty permantly.

No, I said it was a good way to get motivation when you have a few close calls of your own due to selfish drivers - believe it or not, it can get rather tiresome day after day dealing with bad drivers with poor attitudes and lousy excuses- especially since contrary to popular ODT belief I don't get any revenue from the tickets . . . .

Back
Top Bottom