• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is "Deal of the Day" the new..........

New 0 feedback posters asking absurd prices, should have to endure the flack in the comments of their add. Removing the comments provides them a false sense of security that they can continue scamming on here.
Why ban members for speaking their minds against scammers? It should be highly encouraged. There needs to be a button next to Deal of the day that says: This price sucks, that doesn't have a limit on the amount of posts it can be on at one time.

I have photo evidence, a long with another member that we were both scammed by a user.
"leave feedback for them" was the response. Ban the scammer, ban the IP, ban the email associated etc, plaster all their personal info you can on the site, phone numbers etc, to prevent it from happening again.
Vigilant moderation should be taken against "new traders" and >10 feedback traders, BEFORE banning respected, honest ODT'ers for stating FACTUAL info about the sellers over priced crap.
I understand trying to grow the site, but allowing scammers and 0 feedbackers to constantly make garbage listings, is leading the place to be the next arms list.

Also: I don't know the price of everything, it can be difficult to find an accurate price reference for something, there should be a THREAD THAT IS FOR PRICE CHECKING! Oh you're selling a stock Glock 19 for $600, how much is that really worth? Oh you're selling a Colt FA M4 for $25,000, how much is that really worth? Oh you're selling a rattle canned wasr 10 for $850, how much is that really worth? Best thing we can do is check gunbroker (which is over inflated right now especially) to try and not make a bad deal, since it's against the rules to ask members with a wealth of knowledge right here on the ODT.
@jhunter for president!!!

Y’all better watch those “deal of the day”. Got a point and a hand slap for saying today’s was a good deal....

It was worth it.
:D:pop2:

Ha! I saw that. I seriously had at least 3 different responses I was going to post but decided against it. I’ve been handslapped at least once a month the last 3 months lol. Brothas gonna have a hard time getting rid of that piece for that price.

Ha! I saw that. I seriously had at least 3 different responses I was going to post but decided against it. I’ve been handslapped at least once a month the last 3 months lol. Brothas gonna have a hard time getting rid of that piece for that price.

Now if it was stippled that would be a low price. :D

I got a hand slap for asking what model something was since it wasn't stated in the post. All I literally said was "Is this item, this model here?" with a link to the manufacturers website.

Just so happens that the manufacturer was selling for 640 and the post was selling the same item for 800. I was honestly asking to confirm what model it was, but since by some chance the price was lower, the Admin took my post down and gave me a warning for letting him post whatever price he wanted.

Are you frakkin' serious right now? It's one of those "I mAkE pIzZaS fOr a lIvInG, bUt I'm aN AdMiN oN OdT! WhAt I SaY GoEs!" situations I guess.

So yeah, ever since then, I'm moving on to the "Good deal!" strategy!

......Go **** Yourself? Since cracking wise in ads has been clamped down on, is Deal of the Day now the only recourse to point out to this or that nimrod that they are acting like a nimrod? Interesting on a site that's so bent on 1A and 2A rights how the site clamps down on 1A rights!

Just to clarify... The 1a only prevents the government from censoring you... There is no such protection from private organisations

Right? What gives you the right to make negative comments about another persons ad ?
What about his right to place an ad as he chooses -
What the item is priced at is not your business --
If you don't like it just pass it by --
If there are misleading or fraudulent info bring it to mods attention --
You are correct, but we are infested with a bunch of whining untitled brats these days.

Back
Top Bottom