• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

Went to a local thrift store yesterday hoping they had some items for my motorcycle. Found a helmet, gloves, polarized shades, wife got some new Foster Grants, an American flag sign, one new biker backpack, small misc. items. Spent 33.00....."I'm gonna pop some tags"....lol. I did drop 450k on our final house and land in March but have no debt. My wife is still grumpy about my being frugal but it has served me well. Blessed. And yes inflation sucks....
Never could bring myself to wear a pre-owned (or another guy’s) helmet. Be like wearing their dirty underwear.

Never could bring myself to wear a pre-owned (or another guy’s) helmet. Be like wearing their dirty underwear.
Maybe, like sitting in a theater seat or on a bus, or using a shopping cart....but I see your point. This helmet looked brand new, not a mark, or hair...lol.

just take some Lysol spray to the inside and let it air out after…. If the material isn’t all messed up and looks good and “new” I don’t have much of a problem with it. When I rode a lot in the 80’s - 00’s we swapped helmets around all the time. Always carried an extra for passengers on every bike I had. There were so many different folks using them because you had to. One: it’s the only safe way and two: it’s the law, you had to if you didn’t want a ticket.
A good bit of the time you had a “doo rag” on your head anyway too.

I cherish our time together, she never gave me a hard time about my hunting or fishing..Sometimes I would go on a week hunting trip and no complaints..She was a wonderful mom and the only thing she was less than stellar at, was cooking..She exploded eggs when she tried to boil them...So I did all the cooking to survive..She was my soulmate.
BTW I started to refer to her as “My Lovely Bride” largely because of the example you and someone else on this form has presented.

I also like Neal Boortz’s “Fantasy Dream Goddess”

Back
Top Bottom