• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

I don't know if money is tight, or if it is the perception of it being tight, or that its going to get tight... But I have never had trouble selling guns here before. Typically my stuff sells in minutes, literally, and maybe once in a blue moon it takes a day or two... Had two BNIB guns listed for a bit now and hardly any nibbles... I know that in the grand scheme of market indicators that that is not much of one, but it is very unusual for me here on ODT. That tells me that something is up.

I might have to go to the LGS and see what they would give me, which I never did before...

UPS driver was real late last night. Told me that they are wide open and expecting even more. They are seeing no slow down at all.

Take from that what you will, but I’m seeing a slow down.
I think by this fall we will have a better idea what’s going on. We are busy now, lots of stuff on the books, but most were too young or unaware how 2008 spooled up. We both know the faucet can be turned off overnight.

My ebay business is down a good 70% from what it was a year ago. Many have complained about the drop in sales. There are numerous youtube videos about it.
Is it down 70% from what it was in 2019. You pretty much have to throw the last two years out the window when you are trying to predict real sales patterns and slowdowns. Lots of businesses are making that mistake, and not throwing the past couple of years out when really dialing down the health of their business.

Is it down 70% from what it was in 2019. You pretty much have to throw the last two years out the window when you are trying to predict real sales patters and slowdowns. Lots of businesses are making that mistake, and not throwing the past couple of years out when really dialing down the health of their business.
Our government does the same thing when comparing recent numbers to a time where the downfalls in the economy were not the results from the way a company was ran.
"Jobs are soaring"....um they opened everything back up dumbass , of course they are.

My wife works for a major flooring supplier …. One of the biggest in SE United States….she says they are wide open with folks buying/making orders, etc.
That means there is a bunch of construction, rehab, home repairs, etc., They sell to major contractors and to retail stores as well as the small guy IF you know about them and how to get into the sales folks.
It’s not like they are a retail storefront or anything,

Don't know what company but a friend of mine founded/ owned FEI Group or something like that. He was a big player in the flooring world.

Back
Top Bottom