• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

cousin eddie.jpeg

The septic business is in full swing...I had to call all around to find one to come out yet this week.
I'm pooping in a bucket until tomorrow.
No problem. Now it stopped raining every other day, fewer people will be needing their tanks cleaned out. I’ve seen many that we’re taking flooding rains and filling up way faster than normal.

I need to start liquidating also. Health seems OK, but age says “any time, now”.
Hard to do when you love everything you own, but wife could never handle sale of this crap.
Need to get daughter and SIL to come see what they might want, then start selling off the rest.
That will be one of the best things you can ever do for your family. That burden lifted will be greater than they may ever realize. You will also feel better with less stuff
The septic business is in full swing...I had to call all around to find one to come out yet this week.
I'm pooping in a bucket until tomorrow.
They are always busy. It’s a crappy business but it’s always wide open. That’s one of the businesses my dad had when I was young.

This made me think...

I've got 35+ yrs worth on Machinist tools I probably should peddle.
Starrett, Brown & Sharpe, Mitutoyo, .....
Now that made me remember the 15 drawer Craftsman cabinet full of metric and inch mechanics tools sets sitting in a corner of the garage.
Then there’s cabinets full of knives…
And the ammo…

Now that made me remember the 15 drawer Craftsman cabinet full of metric and inch mechanics tools sets sitting in a corner of the garage.
Then there’s cabinets full of knives…
And the ammo…

:love:
I have a thing for old original craftsman tools. Please let me know if you decide to offload some of ‘em

I have it written in my will that if I die before my kids come of age that my best man is responsible for selling my firearms. I can't stand the thought of my wife trying to sell items she has no idea the value of and getting ripped off. Same way I hope you guys feel with your tools etc.

Having went to a funeral just yesterday, my wife and I came to the conclusion that if you wait until you die to give anyone anything, you are an asshole.

Sorry if that is harsh but folks don’t want the burden of divvying up your junk. My girls certainly don’t see the value of my stuff like I do, so that $100k of tools and or guns, will be sold for cents on a dollar. Sell that stuff, spend it to live your life to the fullest or give it to the person(s) of your choosing while you are still living so that they will appreciate it.

Having went to a funeral just yesterday, my wife and I came to the conclusion that if you wait until you die to give anyone anything, you are an asshole.

Sorry if that is harsh but folks don’t want the burden of divvying up your junk. My girls certainly don’t see the value of my stuff like I do, so that $100k of tools and r guns, will be sold for cents on a dollar. Sell that stuff, spend it to live your life to the fullest or give it to the person(s) of your choosing while you are still living so that they will appreciate it.
Amen...its just stuff...make memories not piles of stuff....

Back
Top Bottom