• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it a clip or magazine?

Just saw a post here and the OP stated it came with a 5 round clip. The picture looked like a magazine. So is it a clip? Magazine? What's the difference? Asking for a good friend :argue:
Clips fill magazines, magazines fill weapons. The big confusion comes from the Garand which had a fixed internal magazine. There were clips that inserted from the top into the magazine. When the last round fired the camber locked open and the clip was ejected to ready the magazine for the next clip

you can buy an adapter and ammo preloaded on stripper clips to quickly fill your 20-30 round AR magazine.

cmZuz1.gif

Picture of clip attached but I understand what people mean when they say clips as a reference to magazines.

Clips are the enblocs for garand style or chargers for sks style (stripper clip) to hold ammo to be loaded directly into a weapon or a magazine.

Magazine holds loaded ammo and attaches to weapon while firing.

IMG_20210528_051052022.jpg

I have previously posted pics of Savage
snd Marlin brand "Clip Magazines"
in factory original packaging clearly marked as such.
Yes, they are called "clip magazines" and I think the intention was to distinguish them from the other type of "magazine" those manufacturers used -- tubular magazines.

Back
Top Bottom