• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it against the rules to post on gun ads?

Against rules

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No clue

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Bird

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
14   0
Reaction score
I had a man message me complaining saying that I post too much on ads saying that I like guns that people have or that I'm interested in trading is it against the rules to do this? Or if you are just complimenting on someone's gun in a post?

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

Comments
Comments must be enabled when the ad is started or manually after the ad is created. If comments are enabled then the following rules apply:

Any negative comments, bickering, etc. will be removed from any ads unless the user is pointing out an error in the ad, a defect in the item, or a recall affecting the item.

Any comments on the price being too high or links to lower priced items will be removed.

Do not post the same comment or offer in multiple ads, this will be considered spam and will be deleted.

"GLWS" and smileys are not allowed by themselves, they must be accompanied by a comment or question that is allowed under the rules.

Listings that turn into off-topic discussions will have the comments disabled. (5 or more posts that have nothing to do with the item.)

Users have the ability to remove comments from their ads and can do so for any reason. If you feel like a user is deleting comments that point out a defect in an item or an error in the ad then you can report it and a moderator will take a look at it.

Users that break these rules multiple times can be banned temporarily and/or will have to have all their posts in the classifieds approved by a moderator before they get posted.

I wasn't sure though. But when I post on them I am genuinely liking what they have or wanting to buy or admiring it. And I always answer back to when they reply and follow up with friendly conversation. And it helps draw buyers in from what I can tell. So I'm not sure why this man is upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom