• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it deer season yet!?

I had the Bear KodiakView attachment 2144882 Magnum for 30 years and someone broke into the storage shed and took it. Loved that bow and was going to pass it onto my Son..He expressed an interest in it years ago. This is one caught on my property at the house, a few years ago

I can't stand a dirty thief. If you look around you may be able to find another Kodiak. My brother finds deals on old recurves and long bows all the time. He has a nice little collection going. I'll tell him to keep an eye out.

Nice buck, and beautiful land!

Very nice. I plan on trying recurve this year. I haven't tried in 20+ years, and want to get one. My brother has a couple nice old recurves and long bows and he has sparked my interest. He also gave my son a very nice old Bear recurve for Christmas and he loves that thing. Recurves are awesome!
View attachment 2144842

View attachment 2144848

Good luck! It’s so rewarding when it all comes together and you get a deer with traditional archery equipment. I tend to carry mine every day that I rifle hunt in case a deer wanders by within bow range.
If you need to try some arrows and broadheads to figure out what you’ll need, let me know. I have a few different kinds of each lying around.

I had the Bear KodiakView attachment 2144882 Magnum for 30 years and someone broke into the storage shed and took it. Loved that bow and was going to pass it onto my Son..He expressed an interest in it years ago. This is one caught on my property at the house, a few years ago
Those are nice bows! It’s a shame that some lowlife had to take it. I can’t stand a thief!
I have my Father’s recurve that he bought back in the early 1970’s from Michael’s Trading Post in Powder Springs. It is a 45# Browning Explorer. It’s one of my most prized possessions. I killed my first traditional deer with it, ironically enough in Cobb County, a few miles from where the bow was purchased. She came trotting by at 5 yards, I put an arrow through her heart and broke the offside shoulder. She ran a big circle and crashed about 10 yards in front of me!

Those are nice bows! It’s a shame that some lowlife had to take it. I can’t stand a thief!
I have my Father’s recurve that he bought back in the early 1970’s from Michael’s Trading Post in Powder Springs. It is a 45# Browning Explorer. It’s one of my most prized possessions. I killed my first traditional deer with it, ironically enough in Cobb County, a few miles from where the bow was purchased. She came trotting by at 5 yards, I put an arrow through her heart and broke the offside shoulder. She ran a big circle and crashed about 10 yards in front of me!
That is about the time I picked my up it was green in color..Used to do 3D tournaments with it...

If anyone is interested, I have an original Archery Traditions Canebrake recurve. It has less than 200 arrows through it and is in great shape. I think it's 55lbs at 28 inches and has never been hunted with. I just never had the time to practice enough with it.

If anyone is interested, I have an original Archery Traditions Canebrake recurve. It has less than 200 arrows through it and is in great shape. I think it's 55lbs at 28 inches and has never been hunted with. I just never had the time to practice enough with it.
If MRH MRH isn't interested, you have piqued mine.

It's actually 45#. $300 takes both.
bo1.jpg

bo2.jpg

bo3.jpg

bo4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom