• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it even possible to get your child their first vehicle for a few thousand dollars?

Notice that a bunch of these Buicks had problems with the power windows. Wife has a gal-pal who has a Buick and she has replaced the motors about 5 times. I told her husband to see if he could by the motors by the dozen.

Neon was $1200 from a private person. She said the gauges would blank out once in awhile and the engine light came on once in awhile.

I am located right off I-95 3 miles from Florida border right next to St Mary's GA 31558. Geographical anomaly at 40 miles from Brunswick, 40 miles from Jacksonville FL, 50 miles from Waycross, 3 1/2 hrs from Perry GA, 4hrs from Atlanta and 5hrs from Gainesville.

I know exactly where that is

I'm at a truckstop on scrubby bluff road every couple weeks to maintain some of their underground tank stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bout a plain boxy Cherokee or an older Geo Tracker. I've owned ( tagged insured and driven) about 70 vehicles in my life and if I could have any one of them back it would be my 91 Tracker.

roundhouse roundhouse
letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar

Are "auto brokers" flippers and unlicensed dealers? If they have a license, but are selling with clean titles, in other people's name, are they legit "brokers?
For one, I'm out da' game and aint buyin' or flippin' nothin'. Secondly I think there is some kind of general license for an auto broker but I'm not sure. It may be as simple as buying a business licensc from your county and putting a phone number on a sign. But brokers that I've met years ago usually specialized in niche cars like European luxury cars, older muscle cars and God forbid, the Corvette people.

Because I prefer older cars I tend to stick with brands and models that I am more familiar with the common issues. I know way more about the Honda Odyssey than I ever wanted to know. I'm good with GMT400 GM trucks as well.

One car I've found to be very reliable is the 90s to early 2000s Mazda Protege, especially the manual transmission models.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom