• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it just me?

The market's flooded with firearms, and there's plenty of ammo, too. It'll take some gun/mag/accessories banning legislation or an unfavorable 2A judicial ruling to kick things back into gear. It's likely to stay depressed for a while from the looks of what seems to be happening with SCOTUS. Imagine if RBG finally retires. Court swings ever further right for decades.

Prices are depressed, sales are at all time highs.. Sounds like the definition of "the good old days".

Then, explain this:

"
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/tr...its-record-month-in-april-2018/#ixzz5M1hcW45y
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

The Trump era National Instant background Check System (NICS) hit another record month in April, 2018. Background checks recorded by the FBI numbered 2,223,213 in April. The next highest April recorded was in 2016, with 2,145,565.

The total NICS checks for the first four months of 2018 numbered 9,354,635. That is 6.8% higher than the first four months of 2017, which numbered 8,756,657. 2018 is on track to replace 2017 as the year with the second highest number of NICS checks. The record was set in 2016."

More at link
Sales may be up! But pay attention to their total net for the year. I have seen so many manufacturers offering cash back on all manner of firearms. Its a sign of one of two things. Either the market has been grossly over priced for years or they are off loading them to keep the doors open and lights on. When ar15s are sub 400 or less brand new i tend to lean more towards they are hirting and have offer steep discounts to pay employees. Could be wrong but we will see what happens in the next quarterly financial statements

Last 3 presidents were good for gun sales. Obama pales with the polls of the certainty of Hillary's election..

Those that thought they wanted to buy bought. Now they will hold or try to sell for what they bought them for. We see that here and bitch about it on Tuesdays.

Most of realistic Americans are sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo wanting to sail it on odt for what they paid for it 3 years ago but without a full scale war going on and personal stock piles high there are sales of inventory that we haven't seen in 10 years. Steals and deals!

We probably haven't seen the bottom yet, some will restructure, some will go away.
There will be something in the near future,God forbid, that will spark the flame.

The guys at Gunbroker are catching their breath knowing the next scare is around the corner. They and I will be ready, will you?

Last 3 presidents were good for gun sales. Obama pales with the polls of the certainty of Hillary's election..

Those that thought they wanted to buy bought. Now they will hold or try to sell for what they bought them for. We see that here and ***** about it on Tuesdays.

Most of realistic Americans are sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo wanting to sail it on odt for what they paid for it 3 years ago but without a full scale war going on and personal stock piles high there are sales of inventory that we haven't seen in 10 years. Steals and deals!

We probably haven't seen the bottom yet, some will restructure, some will go away.
There will be something in the near future,God forbid, that will spark the flame.

The guys at Gunbroker are catching their breath knowing the next scare is around the corner. They and I will be ready, will you?
Agreed

Now is the time to buy new and stock up on ammo and mags.
the-end-is-near-18019713.png

Back
Top Bottom