• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it time to liquidate?

I'm starting to lean more towards quality over quantity. At least for today...
In the antiques trade, I've heard my U.K. counterparts use the expression "quality will out" to mean the best will always be valued higher. I'm not sure I agree with that 100% as some markets are cyclical. I focus on keeping the absolute best examples of what I like and will get rid of the rest. We all tend to accumulate things, it's better to accumulate quality items. I don't think we've seen the peak of pricing in S&W revolvers, target pistols or better 1911s.

In the antiques trade, I've heard my U.K. counterparts use the expression "quality will out" to mean the best will always be valued higher. I'm not sure I agree with that 100% as some markets are cyclical. I focus on keeping the absolute best examples of what I like and will get rid of the rest. We all tend to accumulate things, it's better to accumulate quality items. I don't think we've seen the peak of pricing in S&W revolvers, target pistols or better 1911s.
Really! Can I borrow your Crystal ball? Lol

I am at the point of selling the worst of the best. Sigh. Buy it. Or not, I like it too much. Was not ready to sell a year ago.

Sigh. BUY my stuff!

I been contemplating selling one of my M77s. I havent been hunting in going on 3 years yet i have 2 deer rifles lol.

308 M77 hawkeye all weather w/ timney and 243 M77 stainless syn (non skeleton). Both wearing leuopold VX3s

Just cant decide which one i would list.
We'll be on the lookout. 😜
Just remember Listing an overpriced M77 and sailing an overpriced M77 are usually not aligned.

I decide to sell things when I'm not shooting them anymore. My black powder stuff is up on here. They were cool at first but they're such a pain to load and clean. I usually look at prices of past items sold on here and list them for slightly under that. Selling my Vepr finally and one of my 44 magnums on here as well. I just got too many. It's hard keeping up with them all.

Back
Top Bottom