• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it too early to talk about Blade Show '17?

Been going 20+ years. Started out my dad and myself. Now it's my 2 boys and me. I'm gonna get the early bird tickets and try to get a couple of the Microtech specials.

It's never too early to talk about Blade. It's my favorite event of the year. Bring money and lots of it, or you'll wish you had.

My tips on Blade Show:

1. **ARRIVE EARLY** Parking is a mother, and fills up very fast. Also, don't leave valuables (guns, in particular) in your car. The Cumberland area is notorious for car break ins.

2. Wear comfy shoes. You're gonna walk...and walk...and walk. Also, the venue tends to be warm, so dress accordingly. I can't stress the walking part enough. If the dogs are barking, you're gonna be miserable.

3. Bring a backpack. Everybody is giving out brochures, swag, that kind of stuff. Toting that crap with your hands gets old.
I throw some water bottles in my pack. Soft drinks/booze are available, but the $$ adds up fast.

4. Speaking of money, bring plenty. Bring more than you think you'd ever spend, and then some. Blade is not the time to go cheap, LOL. It's the one time of year to be prepared to go big.

5. Allow yourself **PLENTY** of time. There's so much to see, so many vendors and reps to chat with, the day will fly by before you know it.

6. I learned this tip the hard way, and it's helped me greatly. As you go in, pick up the free magazines. Inside, they'll be a map/listing of all the vendors/custom makers in the hall. Grab that map, and bring an ink pen. When you see something/someone that you may want to revisit, mark your map. I know it sounds corny, but that joint is so huge, and all the aisles look the same. This tip will especially help with finding custom makers. Their aisles are very generic looking with no real "landmarks".

7. Be courteous/respectful to the custom makers. I often ask before I go to handling their knives. It's a simple act of courtesy, but one that's appreciated. Don't be afraid to negotiate, and cash is king.

That's about all I've got, LOL. It really is awesome. I look forward to it every year.

Back
Top Bottom