Votes: 13 20.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Tacos

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Your a commie

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
I hunted with a Marlin 35, but my dad swore by his Remington 742. It will become mine when he passes. So, I kind of own a 30-06…
Me too, my Dad has a Winchester model 70 in 06. It's in mint condition. He bought it second hand in the mid 70s. Unfortunately I've never kept an 06 long, just don't get along with them. I've had 308s for decades. And I'm not a fan of the Mauser safety. Kills me because I know this is the rifleman's rifle. I guess I'll have to hang on to it though, if nothing else for my Nephew. It really is a nice rifle

Me too, my Dad has a Winchester model 70 in 06. It's in mint condition. He bought it second hand in the mid 70s. Unfortunately I've never kept an 06 long, just don't get along with them. I've had 308s for decades. And I'm not a fan of the Mauser safety. Kills me because I know this is the rifleman's rifle. I guess I'll have to hang on to it though, if nothing else for my Nephew. It really is a nice rifle

I love my model 70 in 30-06. My parents gave it to me for Christmas years ago and it's the nicest rifle that I own. It's also the exact same set up that Carlos Hathcock used in Vietnam

I have no use for a 30-06. More deer missed or can not be found when shot with this caliber during hunting season at our club. ( too much recoil for no good reason )
I see this a lot too. New hunters/shooters buy a 30-06 and then make bad shots. Same guys will tel you a 243 or similar “isn’t enough gun”. :rolleyes:

I only like short action bolt guns but would like a 30-06 in a Ruger #1 someday.

Just for reference here is a pic of “Big Sexy” - aka General Alexander, and “Edog” - I am the old broken down war horse in the pic.
6606A594-ED38-46B1-8B13-C8255ECEA2CA.jpeg

Just think, a man who I held his head to keep it from falling in the toilet he was puking in is now a Damn General! That is MAGA personified.

I have a 30-06 that kicks like a mule. However, this is due to the weight of the rifle, butt pad, and stock design. Conversely, I have a heavier 280 with a nice recoil pad that feels like shooting a 243. If you get a Howa 1500 (aka "Vanguard") it's probably going to have enough heft to it that recoil won't be much of an issue. For deer hunting, I'd probably go with a 270 but you can hardly go wrong with any option. If you really want an All American classic, I guess a Connecticut Model 70 or a Model 700 in 30-06 would be the better nostalgic choice.

Truly if your a hand loader you can tailor something that will work well. My brother in law loads and only shoots 125gr bullets and swears by them. You can also add a recoil pad, there are ways to work it out. I think the biggest thing for me is that I like a short action if there aren't any ballistic advantages

Back
Top Bottom