• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it worth getting a membership to the NRA?

You get a magazine you won’t read and 1000 dollar firearm insurance policy.

It does get you discounts at some places, but I have never looked where.

I am a life member but they will not see another penny from me or my recommendation for others to join so long as Wayne Lapierre is the CEO.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

It really ain't worth it. There are much better orgs to support for activism or policy change like FPC. The last time I renewed my NRA was when I joined a gun club that required it and promptly let it lapse.

Life endowment member. Been a member for decades. The NRA isn't perfect but there are many benefits if you use them. The shooting sports and gun ownership would not be as good if not for the many decades of work by the NRA. The organization is better than WL. Since 1871 the organization has promoted safety, training, competition in the shooting sports more than any other group. I will always be a member.
I am also a life endowment member. Lady called me the other day asking for a contribution to fight the upcoming bills. Told her to call me when lapierre left. She hung up on me. A lifetime member and they hang up when i exercise my first amendment rights. You can’t have the second without the first. They should apologize , but they won’t.

I am a long time life member and so long as the organization puts WLP ahead of the interests of the members they will get nothing from me.
The org's refusal to recognize the huge stinking pile of feces at the head of the NRA and do anything at all about his tenure is reason enough for me (long time Life Member, recruiter and annual donor [to NRA/ILA]) to NEVER give them another penny as long as I live. Ever. Useless organization for gun rights activists.

The fact that they've allowed/engineered a situation for him to have the power he does makes me sick. Even if they got rid of him, 43 members of the damned BOD and actually started to do anything useful for the shooting sports it'd still be TOO LATE. I am out. No money ever.

Check out the 2nd. Amendment Foundation. They have filed so many suits across the US to try and stop the encroachment against gun rights. Usually everything that has been won on our side has come from this organization. The NRA seems to sit back and watch lately instead of backing up their voices with funds. I think the NRA is just watching other groups file legal paperwork and then the NRA will jump on the bandwagon once the others start winning. Ex member here and yes no more money until upper management changes.

Back
Top Bottom