• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is Keymod dead???

With Civilian use I really don’t see a big issue with key mod. It’s trim design and light weight.98%of us throw on a flashlight and fore grip then call it a day anyway. Most take a class or shoot with it at the range every now and then to stay proficient.. that’s far from the amount of abuse reported in the crane report.
upload_2020-9-29_10-10-11.png

For the same cash you can buy MLOK and not have pieces falling off your gun and sharp places to cut yourself. If someone gives you keymod for free. Yeah I'd agree. Otherwise its crap.

View attachment 2845050
For the same cash you can buy MLOK and not have pieces falling off your gun and sharp places to cut yourself. If someone gives you keymod for free. Yeah I'd agree. Otherwise its crap.
I completely agree with you and you’re right.I’ve read the report key mod is inferior . I don’t like Keymod nor do I own any Keymod rail . But the OP does and he is the one that has to carry the rifle and shoot it... not you... not me. 3 or 4 years ago All the cool guy internet dudes shot the heck out of the key mod systems and promoted them for various company’s with no issues. As soon as the military chose M-lock K mod was out. I just don’t really see that big of an issue if it’s not a duty rifle and it meets the wants/needs of the OP.

If you want to go Keymod, better jump and get all the do dads you want. They might be harder to pick up later. Then again, people may dump them after they upgrade to Mlok.??

I understand what you mean about key mod. I like it, but for combat, tougher is better. Problem with a bunch of key mod was it started to come out of China. China makes crap. I kept stripping out the key mod nuts. Too heavy handed with the torque wrench. Had to learn to take a lighter touch approach.

I got a pistol in .45 GAP I will sell ya!! jk. :p

Some great deals to be had in KeyMod. TruPrep has Noveske KeyMod rails for under $150. If you don’t care about your attachment points, that’s a helluva deal on a high quality rail.

I see no reason to ditch my BCM Keymod hand guard. It is light and tough, and I don't hang a bunch of crap off my rifle anyway. It's all marketing. Magpul owns the patent to Mlok so they really put some advertising behind selling it. Kind of the same way that the 6.5CM is so much more popular than the .260 Rem. Just marketing hype.

I agree with CTS, My DD upper is keymod and its fantastic and I have no desire to change it just because its slowly becoming "obsolete". We've have a renaissance of AR attachments/accessories the last 10 years and plenty of them can be found for keymod. Yes, all future builds will be in 1913 or mlok, but variety is fun with ar's

Back
Top Bottom