• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is Keymod dead???

Hi Jeff,
BCM still supports keymod and makes very good accessories for it. I've also found good keymod stuff from GG&G in Arizona and Impact Weapons Components. I think Arisaka still supports keymod with their excellent line as well.

Magpul owns the patent to MLOK, it they allow any company to use it for free, as long as the put the MLOK logo on their parts.

I have a BCM KMR KeyMod on my Colt SMG and don’t plan on changing it out, but I won’t buy any KeyMod rails again.

BTW with the newest rail I bought, I did go with Mlok as there is more support for it, but when I tried to knock my KAG afg and GG&G flashlight mount off, I couldn't do it on my keymod rail. (I just use a white light and an angled foregrip.)

D6180AA1-FE80-47E7-BE62-9C05C38F866F.jpeg

This is my 74 with a krebs full keymod rail. Just wanting to add a vertical grip and light. This is my finest shooting rifle it shoots straighter than any of my ARs.Just looking for attachments that mount directly to my rail verses having to add picatinny slots and then the attachment. Thanks for all the input.

Back
Top Bottom