• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is reloading really worth it?

I shoot 460 s&w Mag, If i did not reload I would only shoot 22. It can be time consuming and aggravating to get started, but once you get the hang of it you can throw out some bullets pretty fast.

- - - Updated - - -

I shoot 460 s&w Mag, If i did not reload I would only shoot 22. It can be time consuming and aggravating to get started, but once you get the hang of it you can throw out some bullets pretty fast.

I have been Reloading for about 40 years. I started with a Single Stage RCBS Press while Stationed in Germany and now keep two Dillon 650s on my Bench. I would say you will probably spend more money on Ammo after you get started Reloading. The reason is you will shoot more. Reloading is a way to experiment with a particular gun and find the most accurate combination possible for that particular weapon. It also allows you to load just the right target or High Performance load that you may like. But just like shooting, Buying guns, Collecting or any Hobby it is Addictive. There are many items available for Reloaders to improve the Hobby, just like anything else. I would advise anyone to Start with a Basic Reloading press and read a lot about the Hobby and follow the instructions to the letter and you will be very safe. I would also recommend that if you shoot much at all to try it out. You can buy very inexpensive Reloading tools and if you decide you don't like it you can always sell them. There is a big market for Reloading items. Actually I would say right now in these times it is an Investment and possibly could become a requirement if you want to shoot. TRY IT.

Back
Top Bottom