• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the 7mm-08 falling out of favor?

jeshoffstall

Bear Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
69   0
Reaction score
I know that this is an excellent round, great ballistics, perfect for GA deer, etc. It just seems no one is stocking rifles in this caliber. Check out Bud's for example, only a handful in stock across all manufacturers.

Not sure I want to invest in one if factory ammo is going to dwindle off.

Thanks!
Jack

It's a great round as far as ballistics go, but when you have an abundance of .270, .308, and .30-06 already out there, it's hard to justify producing more. Most deer hunters go with the other 3 more common rounds.

I know that this is an excellent round, great ballistics, perfect for GA deer, etc. It just seems no one is stocking rifles in this caliber. Check out Bud's for example, only a handful in stock across all manufacturers.

Not sure I want to invest in one if factory ammo is going to dwindle off.

Thanks!
Jack
Been said before but performance has nothing to do with popularity of a cartridge. Guns and amp are becoming more and more expensive so hunters are choosing guns and cartridges that are more wallet friendly. When they do that gun manufacturers follow suit in order to sell more firearms.

Some times people follow the latest round, or caliber, its just the nature of people wanting to see if the
newest, and latest on the market is going to fit their shooting requirements, or enthusiasm for more zest in shooting quest...

Shoot what you want, when you want, and as often as you want, and just enjoy your bench time at your range...

Just keep'm all in the 10X ring...

Back
Top Bottom