• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the Geissele Ssa-e trigger worth it?

I think I'm going to put a Geissele trigger in it. Then save the money and just throw a trijicon on it. Any recommendations on what trijicon to use?
It depends on your purpose for the rifle and budget. If just plinking around at 25-100 yards, their MRO would suit you just fine. $400-$450

If you want to shoot at more distance, and have a better view of things, you could try their Accupoint 1-4 or 1-6 $750-$1200

Their are other great options if the above two do not fit your needs, not just within the Trijicon brand either. I personally dislike ACOGs. You are stuck with either 1.5,3,4,etc....fixed power and the eye relief is not very good. The newer 1-4,1-6,1-8 scope hitting the market have come a long ways in the past years and are a much better and more flexible option IMHO.

Also remember the shelf life of any optic the relies off tritium illumination for dark environments. I think the last I heard, it is in the $450-$600 range to have an ACOG's tritium replaced.

Wallace's Wallace's The range I'd be shooting at is between 100-175 yds. So the 1-4 would probably be good.
I use to strongly dislike them due to the very limited eye relief, but these newer optics have improved eye relief and optical clarity is outstanding. You also get the flexibility of the 1-4,1-4,1-6 without getting stuck at one power or no magnification at all.

@GoNoGo Ive never ran an optic on the Ar even back when I had the bushmaster. It's something I'll probably get around to one of these days. Any recommendations? But yeah I agree with your points.

I used to not run an optic as well. But found it more accurate and quicker. So have Vortex Viper PST on 3 of mine and Vortex Spitfires on other 2. And a lone C-More on another. Presently have 6 Geissele triggers installed. Most of them SSAE

20160903_144446.jpg
20160901_101430.jpg

If your patient (or cheap as I am) I waited 2 years ago for the black Friday sales at Primary Arms and bought triggers at very good sale prices. Then last year on their black Friday sales bought Troy sights for several rifles at very good prices.

Yesterday at range with Vortex Viper PST 1-4.

20170325_161010.jpg
20170325_160916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom