• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the upgrade to "Tactical" worth the few hundred $ more?

"Tactical" means different things to different manufacturers, but what holds true across the board is that it's a marketing gimmick. I was looking at a "tactical" CZ pistol. What does the word mean to CZ? It means decocker. If you hear "tactical" used there are exceptional odds it's not being used correctly. In terms of firearms marketing, you'd have to name specific make and model to get a good answer.

The only tactical version of something I own has threaded barrel, raised suppressor night signts, rmr cut and plates, and tricked out case. I shoot it suppressed, so this was one gun worth the extra money to me. BTW, it's an FN FNX tacical, FDE no less. Most oc the time lime everyone sId its a marketing gimmick ot charge more.

The only tactical version of something I own has threaded barrel, raised suppressor night signts, rmr cut and plates, and tricked out case. I shoot it suppressed, so this was one gun worth the extra money to me. BTW, it's an FN FNX tacical, FDE no less. Most oc the time lime everyone sId its a marketing gimmick ot charge more.
Certainly work it on the FNX 45T.

The case alone is worth the extra $$$, don't know why I just love that case

There are a variety of pistols that have a standard model and for a few hundred dollars more you can get a tactical version. I have seen this amount up to about $400 more. What all do you get for these hundreds of dollars?

Varies from one gun manufacturer to the next. There isn’t an industry standard or definition.

It's a marketing tool used to upsale you on more accessories. Them damn crazy bastards are trying to make money, can you believe it! The nerve of them greedy bastards.

A threaded barrel is pretty nice, but of all those that have threaded barrel, who really uses that feature?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom