• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a market for barnwood?

Here is the name if a buyer. Also, if you are on Facebook, joint the "Atlanta Small Contractors Exchange" group and post there. Someone would buy it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-195137_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211209-195137_Facebook.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 30
Had several old warehouses torn down next to me. They painstakingly took all the wood and metal apart sorted my size and shape to sell. Took forever before it moved and I think they ended up trashing most of it.

I sold an old barn to a couple of brothers from Tulsa. They tore it down and cut the rot or any bad spots out of the boards. Once done they measured everything and paid me $5.50 a board foot. They even took all the tin that covered the roof and sides. These brothers did a great job of piling all the bad wood up in a very tight pile to be burned. They were very meticulous about the nails and were constantly picking them up or dragging the magnets to find any they missed. Once they got the wood back to their shop they power washed it and run about half of it through the planer and sold it to some people building a new home for $12 a board foot. I was satisfied with my money because I didn’t do anything at all. They had all the labor-which was a lot. Tearing down barns and saving the wood isn’t easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom