• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a Cull Buck? Age?

With the face coloration, I’d put him at a solid 4 YO.

Cull buck- certainly not. He is a shooter though.

If you can, I’d say hold off on putting him down for another year or two and let him develop more. You’d be surprised at the mass these boys and girls can put on in a years time.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the face coloration, I’d put him at a solid 4 YO.

Cull buck- certainly not. He is a shooter though.

If you can, I’d say hold off on putting him down for another year or two and let him develop more. You’d be surprised at the mass these boys and girls can put on in a years time.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s going to be tough holding off for the simple fact that this little piece of land borders a couple thousand acre brown it’s down club. If I don’t get a crack at him in daylight I run the chance of not seeing him a year or two from now. It happens every year where I hunt. I get decent bucks I’d like to see grow and let walk, unfortunately they don’t make it to their full potential. But im good with the 4 year old assessment of him!

At least 4 1/2 if he’s free range no such a thing as a cull buck in my opinion he’s done breed 2-3 years.if he’s mature kill him and make room for the up and comers,the older he gets the more dominant he becomes.

Back
Top Bottom