• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a doomsday question???

I think what we have run into is a lack of communication skills and common courtesy. Some people are shopping for multiple items all at once. If while waiting for a response from you they find something else, they may spend their cash or make their trade for that. Then rather than just coming back to you and saying "Sorry, I found something else.", They just disappear. It's the same as I've noticed with some of the new guys posting an item for sale then either changing their mind about selling or forgetting the post. Either way you see members writing back and forth in the thread, "Anybody heard from this guy?" I blame our recent lockdown for some of this. The country just seems to have gotten rougher and more rude. Not just on ODT but it seems people have forgotten how to have decent human communication. Just my two cents.

I think what we have run into is a lack of communication skills and common courtesy. Some people are shopping for multiple items all at once. If while waiting for a response from you they find something else, they may spend their cash or make their trade for that. Then rather than just coming back to you and saying "Sorry, I found something else.", They just disappear. It's the same as I've noticed with some of the new guys posting an item for sale then either changing their mind about selling or forgetting the post. Either way you see members writing back and forth in the thread, "Anybody heard from this guy?" I blame our recent lockdown for some of this. The country just seems to have gotten rougher and more rude. Not just on ODT but it seems people have forgotten how to have decent human communication. Just my two cents.
Never thought of it in that light, you make a fair point sir. Thx Bill

I think this has a lot of great points from Just Plain Bill Just Plain Bill

I think another thing is say you have an item that is new for 700 your asking 500. they will contact you asking a question, and when you ask what did you have in mind, their master plan of you saying I'll take 150 for it failed, their lost for words, and most likely are broke, and had no attention of making an offer in good honest ODT fashion.

In generally if you have an item that is well worth what your asking I might try to ask for 10% off, cause I'm on the fence , but I make the offer clear. I know your asking 500, but I would offer 450 and could meet tomorrow at work.

I think overall with people being super busy, this PM bossiness is usually not high on their list. Or they will be super excited about an item for 30 seconds, send you a offer/PM, but then just forget cause the car broke, they ordered 3 other things while they were waiting on your PM that took you 15 mins to respond too. Then they just feel so bad they can't communicate sorry I purchased something else. They find it easier to do nothing and 100% ghost.

I figure like most things the people that are serious you can usually tell.

The people that confuse me are the ones that will be all PM back and forth and your working out the details of the meet. Like you have price and day worked out but not time, then they will ghost you. Since all 3 was not agreed on can't really do anything about it besides put them on ignore and go on.

Back
Top Bottom