• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a king snake?

Earlier this week taking out recycle bin in dark and didn't see this guy. Upon return to the side door the motion light comes on and I see him. I'm sure I stepped within inches of him on the way out.
Public service announcement........COPPERHEAD!!!!!

Copperhead.jpg

Earlier this week taking out recycle bin in dark and didn't see this guy. Upon return to the side door the motion light comes on and I see him. I'm sure I stepped within inches of him on the way out.

View attachment 1276558

Yikes!

View attachment 1276558

You violated rule number one. Your wife is supposed to take out the recyclables, that way YOU won't get snake bit.

They most certainly can and will if they feel threatened or aggravated enough. Some are quicker on the draw than others. Non venemous but I'm not into being bitten for "fun".
^^^This. I have a cousin that liked catching them when we were growing up. Back home rat snakes are commonly called chicken snakes because they used to be found commonly around chicken coups in the country. Some are very docile and others are quite nasty...not dangerous but I DO NOT HANDLE ANY KIND OF SNAKE WHATSOEVER...PERIOD!!!

I'm not too afraid if they are at a distance but my wife is terrified. She goes all Queen of Hearts and it be off with their heads!

Man can you imagine opening that door from the inside and it falling into the house? Man I'd pee myself. LOL
I would have ran like a little bitch while pissing myself and having a heart attack :Cry:

Back
Top Bottom