• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a king snake?

Last month one of my nephews who lives in Moreland went out to see what his dog was raising hell at and found a copperhead that had bit the dog. That was the biggest freakin' copperhead I've ever seen! 5 feet long and fat as hell, the next day he found 2 more, one was about 3 feet and the other one was 2 1/2 feet, both pretty fat too. Later that day he found a nest of those suckers, mostly all pretty small but all wound up dead. Evidently my nephew is pretty handy with a shovel. Lol!
Last month one of my nephews who lives in Moreland went out to see what his dog was raising hell at and found a copperhead that had bit the dog. That was the biggest freakin' copperhead I've ever seen! 5 feet long and fat as hell, the next day he found 2 more, one was about 3 feet and the other one was 2 1/2 feet, both pretty fat too. Later that day he found a nest of those suckers, mostly all pretty small but all wound up dead. Evidently my nephew is pretty handy with a shovel. Lol!
Dang never seen a copperhead that size. That is a nest I would not want to stumble upon. Glad he got rid of them.

How is the dog doing?
Ahh he's fine now, they gave him some benadryl and let him get some rest and pampering. He was pretty sore for a few days, lucky it bit him on the leg though cause he's about 12-13 years old and if the snake had of gotten him in the face the swelling could have really messed him up. Dogs seem to have some kind of natural immune defense to copperheads, I don't know about other venomous snakes. I've only ever heard of one dog dying from a copperhead bite and it was bitten several times in the nose & face. Swelled up so bad it suffocated. Thanks for asking, damned old dog is too mean & ornery to let a copperhead kill him. Lol!

Ahh he's fine now, they gave him some benadryl and let him get some rest and pampering. He was pretty sore for a few days, lucky it bit him on the leg though cause he's about 12-13 years old and if the snake had of gotten him in the face the swelling could have really messed him up. Dogs seem to have some kind of natural immune defense to copperheads, I don't know about other venomous snakes. I've only ever heard of one dog dying from a copperhead bite and it was bitten several times in the nose & face. Swelled up so bad it suffocated. Thanks for asking, damned old dog is too mean & ornery to let a copperhead kill him. Lol!
Glad to hear it!

What they do to the chickens?

I think this one had 3 or 4 eggs in him when she found him. This one was super aggressive and was accidentally shot in the process of moving him. He actually bit the end of my 10/22, w/ weapons light that I was using for a flashlight. After several attempts to get him caught and several attempts by him to bite me, he was dispatched.
11258066_440748446093238_6139085900581158538_n.jpg

Dang never seen a copperhead that size. That is a nest I would not want to stumble upon. Glad he got rid of them.
Yep, me too. Biggest one before that one was a little more than 4 feet but most all of em' I've seen have been between 3 to 3 1/2 feet except for some babies I've run across from time to time. All of em' had bad tempers though. Lol! Meanest dang snake I ever ran across was a cottonmouth, they'll strike at ya before they'll try to get away!

Back
Top Bottom