• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a "straw purchase"?

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Let's say, hypothetically, someone won an auction and after winning found out it was a credit card only payment options auction. Let's say that same person does not have a credit card, just a debit card and doesn't want to give that card number out over the telephone to an unknown person. Can someone else pay for the auction w/ a credit card and have it shipped to an FFL where the auction winner can pick it up and fill out the 4473? I think the answer is yes, but want feedback from the greater minds on ODT. As long as the actual owner is the one filling out the 4473, I don't think it should matter who pays for the auction. It is being sold/shipped FFL to FFL. What say you?

Let's say, hypothetically, someone won an auction and after winning found out it was a credit card only payment options auction. Let's say that same person does not have a credit card, just a debit card and doesn't want to give that card number out over the telephone to an unknown person. Can someone else pay for the auction w/ a credit card and have it shipped to an FFL where the auction winner can pick it up and fill out the 4473? I think the answer is yes, but want feedback from the greater minds on ODT. As long as the actual owner is the one filling out the 4473, I don't think it should matter who pays for the auction. It is being sold/shipped FFL to FFL. What say you?
Doesn't seem like there is any issue with that.

Can you put the money on one of those Prepaid visa cards and do it that way?

Just an idea....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I thought about doing it that way as well, but a lot of places will not accept that form of payment. I am waiting to hear from the seller to decide how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom