• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a "straw purchase"?

I realize that you are probably trying to be funny, but if you read the original post; it is a FFL to FFL transfer. There is no meeting. Reading and comprehending is fundamental.
From what little I know I would say that it really doesn't matter who pays for it on the auction site's end. What matters is who fills out the 4473 and takes possession of it. See they payment to the seller is just to get it paid for and moved on to the FFL in your area. The straw purchase part comes in at the point of picking it up. So if YOU go and pick it up from your FFL I'd say its all legit. It really doesn't matter who paid for it

i would say it doesnt matter. my dad wanted to buy me one on my birthday one year but wanted me to pick it out, so i did and took it to the counter i filled out everything and he paid for it with his card and they didnt bat an eye

It's not a straw purchase, but you may run into an FFL (or other merchant) who is unwilling to deliver goods to someone other than the person who made the charges on a credit card.

I wouldn't do it if I were a FFL because there is too much risk the CC holder will clam a charge back for non-delivery. In other words, there is no chain between the CC holder and the person taking delivery of the gun. The CC holder could tell the CC company, "I don't know who the hell Joe Doakes is."

But if the FFL is o.k. with it, there should be no problem.

I thought about doing it that way as well, but a lot of places will not accept that form of payment. I am waiting to hear from the seller to decide how to do it.

If they will accept a debit card, they will accept a prepaid card, because they are the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom