• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this a "straw purchase"?

1491476975710.jpg

The place I use charges $20.00. If they do like the Pawn Express in Lagrange, 1 free transfer with a like on facebook.

i would say it doesnt matter. my dad wanted to buy me one on my birthday one year but wanted me to pick it out, so i did and took it to the counter i filled out everything and he paid for it with his card and they didnt bat an eye
Same thing with my daughter and I. I bought her one for birthday and paid. She filled out form and took possession. Everything out in the open. Dealer didnt even flinch. Her gun, her form, her signature...my money. Totally legal.

It all depends on the LEO's interpretation of said straw purchase law.

You will be guilty until you can hire a lawyer to prove your innocence, or plead out on a lesser offense with added fines of course.

Happen to have any case law to back this up or is this a personal opinion?

Are you referring to the straw purchase, or the being arrested and having to prove your innocence?

As for the straw purchase.
I know of one gun store in particular that is not going to muddy the waters.
If you are the one filling out the 4473, then you need to have the $$$ in your pocket.

The worst part about the BATFE is the halfwits they have employed.

But hey, do as you please.

Hello, I'm with the government, and here to help.:wacko:

The being arrested/cited and having to prove your innocence at your expense, well that happens on a daily basis.

I'm not sure which answer you are asking for case law on but, parents can purchase their children guns and do the 4473 and give the child the gun. So that transaction was a wash either direction of the person filling out the form. ATF cares more about traceability than who coughs up the cash.

Back
Top Bottom