• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this AK any good?

It is and was a great entry level AK. It is a Comm Block made rifle, but when they went from the Pre Bans (SAR series) to WASR's, I didn't follow much. BUT, the SAR series I have is always reliable. It may benefit from a nice cercoat rework, because the parkerized finish of all Romanian rifles is lackluster at best. The gun should work great, except as mentioned, the WASR can get canted from sight towers. Not sure how difficult that is to fix?? But with the side rail, as your friend has done, add a red dot or LPVO and you should be good. Length of pull will be short, like built for Asians, but it is still very usable.

I am unsure if the WASR's have any issue with mag well opening? Some mags might not fit it? Just check as many types as you can get your hands on.

Is he selling it to you, or just asking for information? Values, yeah, go with what others say. I haven't been in that market for some time. I bought mine for $269.00 years ago!

I was never a big fan of those just due to the mag well originally being some other standard, iirc. Receiver doesn't have the dimples to stabilize it and the mag well usually looked Dremel'd out. Other than that they are (were) really decent entry AKs. I am way unto some Yugo M70's though.

I was never a big fan of those just due to the mag well originally being some other standard, iirc. Receiver doesn't have the dimples to stabilize it and the mag well usually looked Dremel'd out. Other than that they are (were) really decent entry AKs. I am way unto some Yugo M70's though.
WASR magwells are reinforced with metal plates in lieu of dimples just fyi

The plates are on the sides of the receiver INSIDE the magwell...halfway down this article, there's a good pic

Didn't see it, but in to learn. This is a top down pic from the article, right?
5566_3089861_abdac93fdfc2c124fff3ec0db140c679.jpg

Back
Top Bottom