• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this carbine worth purchasing?

That is an early unmolested model-

Flip sights, no bayonet lug, push button safety....

More like $1350 or more if it has all matching parts.

A 50's era pickup could be all correct......

Stock looks correct too. I'd say $1,600 at auction in unrebuilt condition. It's possible.
That is an early unmolested model-

Flip sights, no bayonet lug, push button safety....

More like $1350 or more if it has all matching parts.

A 50's era pickup could be all correct......

A few things I notice when looking at the pictures.
The back Recoil plate is a different color so some of the parts look to be corrected at some time in its past.
The Green Park is looking fresh but that could be because it was taken care of and the wood has that Battle look to it so the receiver and wood may not have come together again can not tell from pictures.
But I am no expert but still that weapon is worth around 1000-1250 but I would have to look at it to see if all parts match in color and Stampings to see if it is worth more than that.
The real rare things I see are that it has the correct Barrel band and The sight seems to be the original one and that the Highwood Stock looks to be correct for that rifle too.
Just my .02 worth
Great Deal OP and glad someone is getting this rifle that will love it as much as the Gentleman you are getting it from.
Post like The OP's restore my hope in the human race.

Keep in mind that he's 93. Old guys look at guns differently, even if they used to be gun guys. Often they're looking to pass something on that they can/will no longer use. Perhaps the $400 price is an offer of thanks for the things you and your wife have done, and by "selling" you the rifle, he feels like he's given back to you, and has passed on something that he enjoyed.
Exactly what I was thinking. I doubt he doesn't know what he has when he knew to point out the matching parts.

Back
Top Bottom