Is This Handgun Rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirvin 264

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
440   0
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to trade for a gun that I've never owned previously and don't know anything about, so I thought I'd consult the ODT experts. I was told it is rare but I have no idea. It is an older Browning Hi Power that the owner says is rare because it has the Browning stamp on one side of the slide and Fabrique Nationale (FN) on the other side. No box or docs, just the gun and two mags. Finish is pretty worn but he says it's great mechanically. What do you guys think, is it worth me dealing for it? Any idea on fair market value? Thanks for any info! (No clue why the Bic lighter is in the pics!)
40725.jpeg
40727.jpeg

FN owns Browning. Browning is used in the States, FN is used in Europe (much like Holden was largely GM in Australia though they're shutting down this year). That pistol was made by FN for the US market, and judging by the sites, I'm assuming post-68 import.

As far as value, I'm no HP expert, so here's one on Gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/660124121

But just because he's asking that amount doesn't mean it's worth that amount.

What would you value yours at if I may ask? Just trying to justify if it's worth trading for even though I'll most likely list it for something else.
In prime to excellent condition cosmetically, i would value mine at about $750- $900

That seems to be the going rate. I wouldnt give more than about $500-600 for that one because of the finish. Although it may clean up some.

Just my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom