• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this Illegal???

OK, now I'm really confused???

So I can buy this Copper Custom gizmo for $55 and its legal, but I can't buy a take-off 10/22 takedown stock and I go to jail???

The issue is that the Copper Custom gizmo and all other arm braces aren't "designed to be shouldered", which means the pistol remains a pistol, except it now has an arm brace. If you put a regular stock on it, you have something that was designed to be shouldered, and thus, by ATF definitions, a rifle. We live by BATFE definitions under fear of prosecution.

Can I take a Ruger Charger and change the rear stock/grip to a 10/22 takedown stock? Or have I created a SBR?? Bear in mind that the receiver still has the Charger serial number, so the barrel hasn't changed, but the stock, to the rear, is larger.

I would argue that I haven't made a "short barreled rifle" I have made a long stocked handgun.

Now, if I took a takedown rifle/receiver with a "rifle serial number" and put the forearm and barrel from a Charger on it, that would be, in my mind, creating a SBR.
2j3pip.jpg

OK, now I'm really confused???

So I can buy this Copper Custom gizmo for $55 and its legal, but I can't buy a take-off 10/22 takedown stock and I go to jail???

I think I need to make a phone call to my favorite lawyer, Brett Kavanaugh.

Because its a brace and not a stock. You could put a brace on the back of the charger if one fits but not a stock thats designed to be shouldered.

Back
Top Bottom