• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this mount through the 1911 frame?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I am watching a 1911 on the auction site and still have not had my question answered by the seller. Is this scope mount bolted (as in holes made in the frame) on?

1675207230491.png

Its certainly not velcro :cool: I would be interested in how the mount is secured.
Drilled and tapped. Screws are flush with the inside of the frame. Not much purchase, which is why there are five screws Blue Loctite is your friend. Had one on a .38 Super race gun in the 90's. All the cool kids were running them.

So, more than likely the frame is toast as far as trying to restore it back to stock and eliminate the mount and scope?

Depending on what you mean by “stock”, it’s impossible to restore it back to original condition. The originals didn’t have 5 filled in holes in the side of the frame.

Structurally, there’s nothing wrong with the holes in the side of the frame. There are several different methods of filling in the holes, so it’s doable. You can dump the mount, fill the holes, and have a solid carry gun/shooter.

Reminds me of the first pistol mounted laser I saw In a movie I can't recall which. The laser on top was bigger than the gun it was on. Then it was probably cool but now looks like a cement mixer on top of the gun. It might have been that movie Alien Nation and James Cann was sporting it.

Back
Top Bottom